Monday 29 February 2016

FLORALS, THE WINTER VERSION



Last Friday it was the third unofficially official 'Wear a Floral Dress'- day. A day for wearing your flower dresses to brighten up the grey February weather, which is a pretty understandable idea if you look out the window. Like many things nowaday, something that started on Facebook, but this year even hit the news. So I thought I'd join in and feel all colourful and springlike. Until I realised most of my flowery dresses were hanging in the countryside, while I for once was in town. And I then I did look out the window and felt a bit cold and in need of wrapping myself into something -

So I ended up with my longest dress and a warm sweater for a dark wintery version instead. But still floral!

The dress is vintage and the cardigan is one that I've had since I was 16. That's almost twenty years already, phew, makes me feel old!

(Cardi-trivia: Back in the days it cost 120 Fim which then was a lot - now it would equal just a bit over 20euros, for which you most likely will not get a cardigan to last you two decades or more. The cardi was lost at one point though; I started thinking that I just somehow had lost it on town, but it was found about a year later in a storage box under my (then teenaged) sister's bed, where she had hid it in a plastic bag after not daring to confess that she had indeed borrowed it without asking, when I inquired about it bakc when it first was lost. I wonder if she still remembers the incident. Well, here it is anyway, still going strong.)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your articles help me a lot in all mediums of subjects. Fashion Buzzer

Porcelina said...

Oo I love this dark floral look on you!xx

Mohammad Waqas said...

Nice Blog!
www.mrsellar.com

Unknown said...

Whatever your size is, thin or fat, tall or short, everyone is entitled to be fashionable.
New Fashion Blog

Unknown said...

nicee

Unknown said...

Redcent provides the best deal on health,beauty,fashion,accessories.Fashion deals at Parramatta

Saira said...

very nice
online modeling training

Joanna Joy said...

You look so lovely in this floral dress. Gorgeous hair too!

astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

Munu said...

Nice blog about latest fashion style and info.
Best YouTube Software