Sunday 15 September 2013

DESSOUS




A good tip for a natural - and vintage, if you so prefer - silhouette is to opt for a "regular" classic soft bras that, over here, department stores and supermarkets carry, but that can't really be found in the basic hig street ones (like Lindex etc). The ones that have basically been cut, stitched and sewn the same way for decades, with just upgrades in the material. I've never had any luck with the repro bullet bras out there; I've trie some of them out by buying them online but never found any size that felt or looked good on me.


The story here goes that I picked up a powder colored classic Triumph bra that, when showing it to my fellow girls during a burlesque rehearsal they all found it pretty and deliciously retro. Then I showed it to Eddi and he was all "Well yes, umm,  it's alright I guess. But? After a slight moment of hesitation he decided to go for it "A little granny-ish perhaps"? Mummo.Well, eye roll, perhaps, whatever man, men. And then the next day I went swimming and there was this elderly madame next to me in the dressing room scooping her meter long bosom in to the exact same bra I was wearing. I had a little moment of silent laughter, because he had been sort of right in his comment...

By time I've found it more and more hard in general to find comfortable and well fitting bras, apart from those few fitted and expensive ones I've sometimes treated myself to. Everything is push-up this and that and unless you get superior quality they will turn discomfortable after a little wear. Along with my pregnancy I quit wearing under wire bras for good, as the discomfort grew to big. (And got to notice that good nursing bras are oh so comfy I didn't want to quit wearing them :) So the granny, as in classic, ones have been serving me well, being comfortable and supportive. Plus, like said, giving the right shape for my blouses and dresses.


So next time when on the look out for a bullet bra, or, you're out lingerie shopping and don't feel like going for the padded cups and ball-boobs,  check the next rack and try a classic one on?

11 comments:

Vipera said...

Ebay.uk on oikea aarreaitta täynnä laadukkaita ja edullisia alusvaatteita, esim. Freyan rintaliivejä loytyy pikkurahalla verrattuna suomen hintoihin. Bratabase on hyvä nettisivu josta löytää rintaliiviarvosteluja ja muuta tietoa.


Vipera

Karin said...

Do you know the name of the style that bra is? I'm interested in trying it!

Me said...

Totally agree, underwire and pushup bras are so uncomfortable! I'm kind of hooked on maternity bras now they're so comfortable and still give the right kind of support. I'm searching for a "softer" kind of bullet bra too.

In the Ruins of Berlin said...

have you ever tryed the Triumph bra Doreen? go for it... xxx

Ms. Falcon said...

almost 10 years ago i had to stop wearing underwire bras because of health problems ( ...blah, blah). i went through a real hard time because i really didn't know what to wear without being in pain.
i was used to wear padded bras and most of the not padded bras make me looks like having 4 boobs even the classical ones.
luckily i found the slightly padded soft bras made by skiny. they kind of look like underwire bras but there is no uncomftable wire. even if they're padded they don't make your boobs look like watermelons ... and they're really affordable (but they are a little granny-ish aswell).
those bras kind of safed my life. ;)

Unknown said...

Love it! Could I possibly request a tutorial or info on what rollers you use or how you do it? your hair always looks so lovely!

Mimi Zorz said...

I love love love my Doreen Triumph bra, I bought it a month ago, my first grannie bra, it is a masterpiece of engineering,
which one do you wear/ recommend?

Eva-Lynn said...

wow! x

fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Vipera: pitää tsekkaa!

Karin, Miss Rosette, In THe Ruins of Berlin : It's the Doreen that I have :) I als have one from Impuls which is pretty good too.

Georgia: here I have hot rollers but I most often pin curl my hair, both dry and wet sets.

fashion designing in jaipur said...

Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles

Mania said...

Totally agree, underwire and pushup bras are and so uncomfortable! I am just form of totally hooked on maternal dna bras currently they may be and so comfortable nonetheless give the right kind of assistance. I am just in search of some sort of "softer" form of topic bra far too.

______________
bridal wear