Saturday 21 July 2012

HOW TO HELP YOUR SCARF STAY PUT ALL DAY


From the series first world problems: don't you hate it when your scarf/headband/bandana slips off your head and you have to correct it all the time? 

It actually gives me an headache, wearing something on my head (or a loose hair do) that needs to be constantly adjusted, concentrating and worrying about it sliding back. You know, as in an actual aching heda, maybe because I then tie it too tight, or make my head tense thinking about it. Or something.
But - I have a little trick to help a scarf stay put well. May not be anything new to many but I know it will help some of you out there:



Take your scarf and place the middle in your neck.



Make a knot in front of your forehead -



-and push back, it in place where you want  it. Of course, this is when you want your hair pulled back. If you have a fringe, or if you made some sort of a roll or swirl in the front, just tie the knot in place on top of your head.



Now here's that little trick: place two bobbypins attaching the scarf to your hair, one from each direction, crossing each other.



Do the same on the other side. If you wish, you can also do one of these sets in the middle of your neck, or on each side below the ear. For me this is enough.



Pull the ends of the scarf back and tie in the neck.



Ta-da, done!

When I want a bigger knot on top of my head, or if I am sporting an up-do, I tie the scarf the other way around, as in starting and finishing off on top of my head. The cross-pinning works just the same.
When I wear a bandana; as in a square scarf folded first to a triangle and then slim, I wear the smooth side towards my face and the folded part towards my hair - that way I can stick pins in attaching one layer (the lowest one) of the scarf to my head, without the pins showing.

Not that it is the end of the world would the pins show. (But then again there would be less of a point with this post then.  Zip-a-de-doo-dah.)

14 comments:

Mariela Santillan said...

Just the other day I was wondering why I have such a hard time keeping headband/scarves on my head. I'll have to try this and see if it works for me. Thanks.

Annu said...

Kiitos ohjeesta, kokeilen pinnikiinnitystä heti tänään. Valuva huivi on tosi ärsyttävä :)

Lucia said...

Jag har aldrig sett en så fräsch nybliven morsa som du! Helt otroligt hur bra du ser ut. Du är en otroligt vacker kvinna. Hördu, de där bollarna med ljus, Le cousin... är de jobbiga att få upp? Måste man vara väldigt tekniskt lagd eller är det bara att trä in sladden och hänga upp? Jag la in min beställning nu.
Tack!

Isis said...

Brilliant! Thank you for the tips!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Lucia : tack, men jag får faktiskt otroligt mycket hjälp på traven av det faktum att jag satte fransförlägningar just innan jag födde, det fräshar upp anletet så mycket! Och jag har ett jättebra eko mineralpuder som ger fin lyster åt hyn. Annars skulle man se väldigt mycket glåmigare ut, usch, på hösten kommer jag att vara utan fransarna igen och sörjer lite färdigt :D
Bollarna är ganska lätt, du ska själv trä upp dem på ljusslingan (man kan klippa ett snitt från hålet i mitten för att få in ljuslampan) men annars är det bara att plugga in!

Dea-chan said...

I've literally been combing vintage hairstyle thingies on youtube looking for that exact information. Great minds and all that?

Dial V for Vintage said...

It's so easy now I see this... I always struggled and for some reason I never thought of this! Thank you! :D

Lucia said...

Ok, tack för svaret! Kanske du kan sätta fransar i höst också, förlänga på glädjen!

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Oh my gosh, thanks so much for this tip. Scarves sliding off drives me nuts!

Aino said...

Mikä se sun mineraalipuuteri on? Tarttisin ehkä - mun clinique-meikkipuuteri saa mun ihon näyttämään vaan kuivalta, ääh.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Aino : mulla on Bellapierren, nin irto ku kompakti versio. Sellainen eko merkki. Ihan superhyvä. Saa esim. naturisimo.com tai naturalme. fi:stä. Ivory ja ultra ovat vaaleimmat sävyt, mulla nyt ivory ja ajattelin talveksi ostaa se ultra.

Sarah said...

Thanks for this! My scarf is staying put.

Alanna Jane. said...

Oh golly! You ARE an angel. xx

Marnie said...

This is actually so obvious but I couldn't figure it out myself so thank goodness Google led me to this page. You're a gem! Thank you!