Friday 7 October 2011

FRIDAY

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

I've had lots of posts planned for you this week but they have had to wait as I have been working on a commission (that's what I did most of the B-day, sat by the mac), planning a huge party which will take place soon, being involved in renting a new burlesque rehearsal place after Bittycave which we gave up last May (finally!) and also, had some problems with the internet here at home. Which is more than annoying.

So instead of all else planned I give you some shots straight form the camera from today, as I've been snapping details of home during the day.

I baked a couple of cakes; I was having the family over in the evening.


And I licked the pot for breakfast.


Birthday flowers.


The cake turned out 12cm high and really really good.
I am SO the cake master!


I've also planted som more cuttings. I mean ticklies!


More birthday flowers!


Meow.


My parents gave me this book, which I've been meaning to get forever!


With great old posters for Finnish tourism.


My sister.


Mom. Or, her bracelets.


My youngest sister and her boyfriend.


Hello there.


It's a nasty rain storm outside, but it's cosy on the balcony with it's lanterns, candles, and most of all sealable glass panels!


Plyti.


Crinolines in the bedroom.


But mostly here...


...I'm just trying out the new lens I got from Eddi as birthday present!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

These are some great pictures and happy Birthday!!! Have fun at your party!
-Farrah
Farrah's Muse

Maja said...

you mom's very lucky, she has three beautiful girls;)

BlueMoonDame said...

I see good lucks run in your family! Happy Birthday!
Your previous post nearly brought a tear to my eye. ahhhhhh, Life!

BlueMoonDame said...

I meant good looks but I'm sure good luck does too!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Hapy, happy birthday, fellow Libra. I initally thought both of you sisters were you. :)

tam said...

Looks like you had a fab day, I adore those lanterns and the cake looks amazing x x

Dial V for Vintage said...

Lovely pictures, especially the last one! :)

Miss Maple said...

I like the lanterns on your balcony. They look magically. I hope you'll have a nice party soon.

Helga said...

Lovely shots! You are a clearly a striking looking family!
I love that you licked the cake bowl for breakfast...how DID you wait so long?!Ha!Cake batter is a guilty pleasure,my Mama told me it would give me worms when I was little,as I was always into the bowl.
Ticklies-my man's Mama calls taking cuttings "tickling".Snap!
x

MICHELLE said...

Which lens is it? The pictures look great!