Thursday 9 December 2010

THE BLACK CAT MEETS THE WHITE ONE

I've had this lamp for perhaps a year already, not being able to use it - I ordered it online from the US and didn't think of the fact that it wouldn't work over here as it is (you know, as everything has to be different there in America). As taking it to that one electronics shop outside of town that I was told could change the whole shabadang into matching our power system seemed to be one of those never-gonna-happen things I almost gave up on it. But yesterday Eddi removed the bulb system and used one of the extra lamp chords we had here at home and now, ta-daa, let there be light!

Pekka posing.

The siamese lamp is from Modcloth.

(Eddi asked me if I wrote out that he was like Mc Gyver, well, I didn't but now I did, sort of :)

21 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Adorable!

Kate said...

So cute! I am normally not a big fan of "novelty lamps" but that is adorable.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Q : :)

Kate : yes, actually I think the lamp is rather horrible, but in a way also wonderful; I still like it :)

Anonymous said...

Aah, love it! How kitschy-cute! Was your kitty jealous? : )

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Mei-li said...

aaa so nice !!
and I like your clock by the way !!

Esther said...

awww thats very cute!! xxx

http://theglamorousmess.blogspot.com

Frollein von Sofa said...

thumbs up for cat lamps and thumps up for mc gyver !! that picture with your kitty is simply perfect !!!

Anonymous said...

hej,
I love the lamp, but I love the wallpaper more. Please tell me that it is not vintage and still in production. It is perfect.
Have a great day.
God Jul,
Jenny

Malayka said...

Fantastic lamp AND wallpaper!!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Jenny : It's Birger Kaipiainens 'Ken Kiuruista Kaunein' (translaters "Who's the pretties of the nightingales") from the fifties. To be honest I am not sure if it is in production again or if it is sold as deadstock, but you can get it from tapettitalo.fi - they do not have an online shop but they have info in english and I think you can buy by email. The wallpaper comes in 3 or 4 colour options.

Fiona Timantti said...

CUTE! <3

pinupcandy said...

Cats are the best!

Unknown said...

So glad you could make it work! Thanks for featuring ModCloth on your site!

Your friend,
Elisa at ModCloth

Ms. Falcon said...

this lamp is so fun. love it.

C.B. said...

That is cute. The lamp is looking at the birds on the wallpaper. Ha.

Pekka is beautiful.

Elina said...

Black cat, white cat -love it! :)

Laura Renieri said...

great!!!
i like this very much!!
laura
www.theoldnow.com

my best friend jules said...

I love them both - the black and the white :)
Ps. the old alarm clock is adorable too!
Xo Mervi
http://myfriendjules.blogspot.com/

bunny said...

Love the lamp! In the first picture it seems like he's catching the birds on the wall ;-) !!!

B.

Miss Rascal said...

Love it all!

stone.feather.bone said...

Oh! I love love love it! Unfortunately doesn't seem available on Modcloth anymore :-(
But the sweet two cat portrait is consolation :-)