Friday 9 April 2010

BURLESQUE BRUISES


I used to train savate, french boxing, before and I liked it a lot. Now I haven't put on my gloves for more than a year and I, or at least my body, has a bad conscience about that from time to time. The reason is simply that I a) just do not have the time for it anymore and I b) have also become a bit very lazy. And then I c) tell myself it's OK because it wouldn't really look that good on stage as a burlesque dancer with my legs full of bruises now would it.

However, turns out you can get pretty bruised legs from doing burlesque too, who would've thought? I have this number that's pretty wild which resulted in me kicking down an amplifier from stage last weekend as I did a split and obviously underestimated the length of my legs. While that was pretty much just considered rock n'roll and I didn't break the damn thing, phew, I definitely beat my own knees up the other night at Glitter Grill by just jumping down on them in a twirling frenzy. Well I guess it was a great show and nothing really hurts on stage due to the adrenaline but afterwards I was wondering what the hell I'd done and why my knees hurt so much. The result sure ain't pretty:

But it's a good thing I'm not into short hems :)

12 comments:

Gina Americana said...

One wouldn't think that burlesque could be so dangerous! Be careful girl!

Anonymous said...

wow.... your knees has suffered ! hope its are all right now !

Noora said...

It was a great show! You Itty bitties rule :)

Oh. And sorry for the legs. But it looked good :D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like one hell of a show!
Cute knees - just saying!

~Rubyredruca~ said...

Ouchie!

Janina Modaal said...

Ouch! That looks painful!
Maybe you should continue being lazy, that's more safe :).

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Noora : thanks :)

Chris : haha, I never thought my knees would be cute but if you say so :) at least they're colorful, right now that is :)

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

Wow. That's really intense. Hope your knees are much better now.

Have a great weekend.

sariti said...

poor poor knees...i hope it's getting better!

Kitten loves vintage said...

Oh, dangerous suff that burlesque...I'm not into short hems either, which is a shame sometimes when the rest of the garment can be very pretty. I-landsproblem, hehe. Hoppas knäna känns bättre vid det här laget!

Lolo said...

Ouch!!
I do roller derby so I'm also covered in random bruises.

I just saw your latest post... congrats on having so many readers!! I've recently started a photoblog and i'm hoping i get there one day.

www.loloholmes.tumblr.com

Clara Cupcakes said...

ARGH! I am forever covered in bruises from burlesque. And life in general infact. I bruise like a peach. And there is only so much one can cover in stockings. *sigh* I hope they are better now.

xoxo
Clara