Thursday 11 December 2008

PAIRING GREY / 7

I haven't done any christmas shopping yet ... except for myself - I gave myself this grey little bag as a pre christmas present. (Umm, or I didn' t actually, my Visa card did. Porridge time in January!). I paired it with a pair of grey shoes and felt rather grannyish until i added the big red bow in my hair. Then I felt like an overgrown seven year old.

Dress - Jenny Hällström
Bolero - old H&M
Shoes - Bullboxers
Bag - Global Accessories
Bow-thing in hair - Selfmade


And speaking of seven (Ha! I'm being real smooth here now :); I was tagged by Betsy (lovely blog, make sure to pay it a visit!) some time ago to reveal seven facts about myself.

So, one has to tell 7 things about oneself, both normal and a bit more strange, and tag seven people (+ the regular : link the one who challenged you and leave a comment about this to the tagged ones...)
Here we go:

1) I don't believe in horoscopes

but

2) I still consider myself to be a very typical libra: I'm very much of this and that black and white; there are a lot of opposites and constrast about me. Plus I am the worst ever to make desicions or to choose between two things

3) I'm a vegetarian. I used to be a vegan, but then sushi and milk chocolate took over... these days I use both dairy products and eat fish (and therefore feel a bit guilty from time to time).
But I'll never have meat or puoltry again.

4) I'm totally addicted to Powercow Chocolate milkshake (those small ones in ugly packing) and Dr.Oetkers Vanilla- and berry pudding. Must have once a day, at least :)

5) I can be quite the heartbraker, both intentionally and unintentionally. Mostly the later.

6) I like fashion as a phenomena and as an artform, but in general I don't really give a damn about whats happening on the catwalk and have no understanding whatsoever for the sort of worshipping of models that some girls have (now some readers are going to hate me I guess :)

7) The other job I have, apart from running my design business, is being a supervisor in the harbour, where I work twelve days out of 21. That's labour in grease and boots, bossing the boys around. As mentioned above, I am all about contrasts.

Uuuh, I always find it hard to tag others and I have no ida how many have ansvered this... This time, in honour of our Independence Day (which was last week), I'll tag only fellow Finnish bloggers: Kitten, Jenni, the Evil Dressmaker, Ranna, Nanó, Ilona and the Suburban Queen!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will steal that cat, yes i will!

Anonymous said...

Really? At the harbour? Lady, I had no idea. And I, too, want to steal that blackity-black cat.

Make Me Up said...

I think you look very stylish. I only wish you could show us how you make your bows. I would love to be able lo make myself a big red bow.

xoxo

hope505 said...

That is a very cute bolero! Are you naturally 'pigeon-toed' or do you just pose that way for pictures? I hope your feet are okay!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Olivia : Haha, you can't. But you can borrow him sometimes :D

Sal : I know, I though Id reveal something smashing here :)

LInn : Just take two pieces of red satin lace, a thcker and a thinner and tie the thinner around the thicker one into a bow and glue it to a hariclip!

Hope505 : Njaah, I wouldn't say I'm naturally that but it comes rahter naturally; I tend to stand that wasy womtimes if I don't know what to do with myself :P

Q's Daydream said...

You look perfect! Black, white & red...ahhh! :o)

Amber said...

You look terribly adorable in that picture! I love that you're very girly but your tattoos give you a tougher edge. And you pull off the '40's look so well!

And your black cat! I have one too :) Yours poses much better for pictures than mine does.

Anonymous said...

I see your cat is doing fine now!! glad he got well...that's a lovley outfit by the way, not very far from what I was wearing today hehe:)

What we four say said...

You look great, I love the bow. This picture is darling with your lil kittah checking things out.

www.janetteria.com said...

Hi Ulrika,

What a lovely outfit and you, baby and and and your black cat... oh my God! I adore! Cat's name?! :D

xoxo: Janet

Shannon said...

This outfit is adorable.

I miss having a black cat to pose with.

Lady Melbourne said...

I love your outfit but look at your beautiful black cat!
LM
x

Miss Sewing said...

Your outfit is really nice and
your cat is really lovely. How you do the bows? For Chritmas is good idea for old dress.
xxx
Ana

Anonymous said...

Somehow I don't think you could ever be anything but a glamourous granny!! I love your outfit.. Interesting facts too!

Mademoiselle M.

xx

WendyB said...

The expression on the kitteh made me laugh.

Sam said...

I love your outfit! Lately I've been wearing a lot of black and white combinations with a bit of red. And the bow you added is so cute!

But I had a little question... I want to get my pictures bigger on my blog. But I don't know how. How do you do that?

Kathryn said...

I am a new commenter but just had to say your cat's expression in this photo is so cute!

Lovely outfit (as always)

Kathryn x

Glamour-Och-Fläskpannkaka said...

Lovely dress and bag!
have a nice weekend!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Yes my cats really are quite photogenique :) This one here is Pekka, the smaller on is called Lulu.

WendyB : I bet he was all like "oh gos, is she having her picture taken AGAIN" :D

Sam : I'll tell you in your blog!

And thanks you all!

Miss_Red said...

Aww cute kitty!
I think you look so cute here, I know bows give a 'young' vibe but I really like them...especially in the hair.
The dress is gorgeous also.

Katja Cintja said...

thats so cute!!

~Rubyredruca~ said...

How strange! I work in the Port of Los Angeles part-time and it is very much grease and steal-toes boots! Except I'm not bossing anyone around, I'm the young one getting bossed around! I was a heartbreaker too, until I met the right guy (quite early in the game too!) and was a vegetarian until I became pregnant with my first child.